Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dwelling Place

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

You know the adage, "You are what you eat."  The same principle holds true for what we watch, what we listen to, what we say, what we do, the company we keep, and so on.  We become what we immerse ourselves in.  The more we dwell on the things Paul mentions in his letter to the Philippians, the more they become our standard, our "comfort zone."  We can become desensitized to all that is less than true, honorable, right, pure...but the good news is that we can "re-sensitize" ourselves!  It is all in the dwelling.  Dwelling is what we do when we form a habit.  A habit is something that I am at home with...I am comfortable with it because I do it all the time.  I dwell on it, so to speak.  So in order to change what I do, I must first change how I think.  It has to start on the inside, with the dwelling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment